Macau Refuse Incineration Plant
ECOVE works closely with the Macau government to recover energy from resources.
After ECOVE took over operations in 2009, we focused on continuously upgrading and improving the systems. As a result, we processed 74% more waste in 2017 than 2009 and generated 24% more electricity per ton of waste. ECOVE contributes to creating a clean environment for residents and visitors, recovering value from waste to generate renewable energy.
- Area: 45,000 m2
- Type of waste: Municipal solid waste (60.2%), Commercial waste (18%), Industrial waste (11.8%), and Bulk waste (10%)
- Calorific value: 1,700 Kcal/kg
- Capacity: 1,728 metric tons per day across six furnaces
- Power output: 21.7 MW
- Type of grate stoker: Martin GMBH
About Macau City
- Area: 30.3km2
- Population: 612,167 (as of 2016)
- Population Density: 20,204/km2
- Location: Southern China